Tuesday, February 14, 2012

[dear God]

Dear God,

It's Valentine's Day, and as a single woman, I feel like there are two approaches I can take. Either I'm a hater of all things love or the overly optimistic one people also hate.

But what if I'm neither? What if I have no need to voice my opinion about Valentine's Day via Twitter or bookface? What if it's really ok just to be single and know that love isn't left up to one day of the year or a boy/girl couple relationship? I feel like You're ok with that too, God. I know that the love you offer is a lot more complete and fulfilling and lasting and faithful than this world even knows, and I'm ok simply soaking that in today.

Boy we sure get wrapped up in a lot of fleeting things. They're fun, sure. They're adventurous, sure. They're romantic, sure. But they're also temporary and sometimes leave us more empty by the end. Thanks for being eternal God. Thanks for being faithful. I'd take a guy after Your own heart any day, but I also know that my deepest desires are only ever going to be fulfilled by You.

Love,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment