Saturday, May 7, 2011

[mile markers]

In both road races and life, mile markers feel good to cross. They never mean the race is over, but they give you that sense of acheivement. Like you're actually getting somewhere and moving closer toward your ultimate finish.

Yesterday I got to cross another one by graduating from Iowa State. Perfect sunshine. Perfect last day of student teaching cheering on my winning 7th grade Olympic team. Perfect supper with family and close friends. And a sense of true achievement walking at my college's ceremony.

It's strange to think college is truly over. It's exciting to see what lies ahead.

The best parts of the past five years? Doing life with the best friends one could ever ask for. Studying and serving abroad. Struggling, failing, persevering and growing in my faith and walk with the Lord. Spending a summer at camp and another in LA. Falling in love with coffee, new music, thrift stores, wine, Jesus and the nations. Finding a purpose and vision for this life. Meeting people from literally all over the world.

Oh man so many good and fun memories flood me now. I could start and never end. Instead I'll keep it short and say here's to mile markers and finish lines. Keeping my eyes on Revelation 7:9 and my feet on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment